Sunday, February 20, 2011

Me, stalling? nahhhhh.

All the edits are in - fantastic comments and input. I'm to page 20 in my revision.
     Arrgghhhhhhh!!!!
     It sucks. The whole thing sucks! And I just keep adding more words rather than taking them out! And I'm sure they're terrible words because nobody has vetted them yet. Surely they're out of place. Surely they're throwing off the rhythm and sending the reader on tangents I never intended? I am frozen with indecision and insecurity.
     ...
     Don't worry about me. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be back in love with my novel and think it's the best thing since swiss cheese. (Of course, by the day after that who knows how I'll feel?)
     THIS... is the life of a writer.

4 comments:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

I feel your pain, girl. Sometimes ya need to step back. But you're oh,so close! Was the input from Janice helpful?

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Incredibly! And she was incredibly thorough. I'm just sort of... stuck. I watched August Rush again last night. For some reason that movie usually gets the cogs turning again. I swear it gives me chill bumps all the way through. I want to give THAT experience to my readers!!! Hugs, e

Amy Timberlake said...

One out of every three days feels good for me. You may be only two days out from a SUPER day. It's coming! You're subconscious is doing the work. Believe me!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Thanks for that Amy! And yah - this morning I was actually kind of on a roll. I didn't make much progress page-wise, but those first 20 pages are MUCH tighter now. Only... 340 to go. Hm.