Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Some friends are talking about Michael Hedges on facebook. Nothing like reminding me of my hero to get my inspiration flowing again.
     The book tour ended yesterday (for THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS IN GEORGIA), and teaching ends Wednesday (illustration at UGA). So Thursday I'm back on board with fresh edits from my agent (I did get a new version to her per my previous post - #7) and a slightly new direction... Mid-Grade.
     Yup. Seems I'm not dark enough for Young Adult fiction. Who knew? Ummm, apparently everybody except me. Ha!
     My agent suggested the switch and although I really wanted to argue with her, the more she talked about it, the more it sounded absolutely right. Like a good hat. And when we talk Mid-Grade, we're talking Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, etc. I could be in worse company!
     So off I go again on another version of my work-in-progress novel. And craziness, I'm actually really excited about it.
     Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

Yay! I hope her comments are helpful!