Friday, January 13, 2012

12 x 12 in 2012: Picture Book Writing Challenge


Come join me in this new challenge hosted by children's book author, Julie Hedlund, at Write Up My Life. Per her blog:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write one picture book per month for each of the twelve months of 2012. This means a first draft: beginning, middle, end. NOT a submission-ready piece. Sounds easy right? It sounds easy to me, too. But when I looked back on my writing output from 2011, I discovered that I only completed one draft from all 30 of the PiBoIdMo ideas I came up with in 2010. I did draft, edit and revise other pieces I had in the works, but I am not content with my overall 2011 results. So I decided to challenge myself to write many more in 2012, and I figured, why not invite others to join me so we can support and encourage each other along the way?
Logo design by Linda Silvestri.

2 comments:

Beth Stilborn said...

It is such a delight to me that often these days the blogs that pop up in my google alerts for topics about writing for kids include bloggers I recognize! Today one of those google alerts brought me to your blog, Elizabeth, and I'm glad it did!

It's good to be traveling along on the 12 x 12 journey with so many other people. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and others as the journey continues.

All the best in your writing!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Hi Beth - Thanks for stopping by! This is my little-known blog about writing. My main blog gets over a million hits a year: http://dulemba.blogspot.com/ . I kinda like how small this one is. :)
And I'm looking forward to the 12x12 journey too!