Monday, January 2, 2012

How to Write 10,000 words a day

I love this article by Rachel Aaron, author of the Legend of Eli Monpress: "How I Went From Writing 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day."
     During NaNoWriMo this year, I was writing 2,000 words a day. It felt like an amazing accomplishment. Heck, it was, as I ended up with a 50,000+ word novel in one month. (Work-in-progress title: "Two Lies and a Truth.") But I can see how her advice could kick that up a notch. And I definitely agree with 'know what you're going to write before you sit down to write it.'
     That was the secret to writing my own novel. And I often left myself hanging - to write that next scene that I was dying to get to the next day. It made me eager to dive back in every time I sat down. Very cool.

No comments: